“What Allah has bestowed (al fai’) on His Messenger (and taken away) from the peopleof the townships, it is for Allah, HisMessenger and to kindred and orphans, theneedy and the wayfarer; In order that it maynot (merely) make a circuit between thewealthy among you. So take what theMessenger assigns to you, and denyyourselves that which he withholds from you.And fear Allah; for Allah is strict inPunishment.” Hashr: 7
- This noble verse of the Qur’an, Allahta’ala instructs us about one of the basicprinciples of the Islamic economic system.- Rasoul Allah (SAW) clarified theresponsibility of Muslims to ensure wealth isnot hoarded in the hands of a few. In ahadeeth narrated in Sunan ibn Majah andMusnad Ahmad, He (SAW) stated: “The Muslims are partners in three: in water,pastures, and fire (fuels)”.
- Despite the wealth that Allah (SWT)has blessed this Ummah, millions sufferneedlessly in poverty and even starva on inour countries. - While millions starve in Pakistan,Bangladesh, Africa, billions of dollars in oilrevenue are generated in the Islamic lands,hoarded in bank accounts by corrupt rulers in London, New York and Switzerland.
- 1.2bn is needed to supply the needs10 million famine vic ms in 5 countries inEast Africa, The rulers of Saudi Arabia sit on a$25bn budget surplus. - Today the world economy is run bycapitalists who have used their interestbased system, paper money and casinoeconomy to not only bring chaos to theircountries but to ruin the en re globaleconomy.
- Allah (SWT) revealed this Qur’an toestablish an economic system that ends thisoppression so that all people have anopportunity to par cipate in the economy.- In the month of Ramadhan Muslimsthe world over will be giving sadaqah to helpothers round the world. However Allah(SWT) didn’t just encourage us to giveindividual sadaqah but Allah (SWT) obligedus to establish a State that will implement ajust economic system that will end theeconomic stranglehold of the rich capitalists.
- This Ramadhan, let us not merely recitethe verses of the Qur’an, but work tounderstand the economic system that Allah(SWT) revealed that can liberate humanityfrom the oppression of the capitalist world.
WHAT THE QUR’AN SAYS ONWEALTH AND POVERTYRamadhan Kareem!
Hizb ut Tahrir Britain www.hizb.org.uk